Monday, June 6, 2011

Exciting Weekend

First off June 4th was my Grandmother's 86 birthday, which being in a different city means a phone call. And although we talked this and that, I really missed her. I also realized how much I am going to miss having her at my wedding in Sept regardless of a big Engagement Party while visiting Calgary in July.

Second, my Cousin gave birth to her first child, a beautiful baby boy, after a long ordeal and a trip to the OR just missing a C-Section by minutes. She is two days older then me, and in the same city, the closet thing to a sister I have. My goal is to try and get to see her at least once a week, maybe do some dishes or laundry for her while visiting.

Third I had my physical. Fairly straitforward, given a good list of blood work to be doing, some being tests I have been hoping for, for a long time. My new Dr. listened to my concerns about possible PCOS, even asked before I brought it up if I had my Ovaries looked at. Only every other year since about 18, ultrasounds are fun! They always come up clean but I have a lot of the symptoms. Note the lovely beard. The thing that threw me for a loop was that she got concerned about my swollen neck area, and found pain spots that made her hmm. So now I am going for an ultrasound of my Thyroid. I am trying not to worry, and a little hopeful that we will figure out what is wrong with me, and start making steps to getting to a point where, I am symptom free.

Diagnosis is the first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment